[Oberon] Texts; was "Re (2): byte vs. octet."

Andreas Pirklbauer andreas_pirklbauer at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 30 14:26:31 CEST 2018

  > Ironically, Bernhard's observation that it was easier to ask someone than
  > sit down with the documentation, is exactly the criticism in chapter 1 of
  > Project Oberon, of the systems Wirth was using while on sabbatical in > California.

In the late 1980s we even had cheat sheets for the various interclick
combinations pinned to the whiteboard in the Ceres computer room at ETH.

That tells you everything!

When even CS students needs such a cheat sheet (because they forget
the various interclick combinations from one week to the next) or, worse,
when even the basic task of scrolling through a text document presents
a challenge for some, you know there is something is wrong with the UI ;-)

-ap