[Oberon] Compiler that targets ARM

Skulski, Wojciech skulski at pas.rochester.edu
Sun Jun 17 15:08:04 CEST 2018

> Got it. Either way, it’s not really complicated it seems.
> With micro:bit all one has to do is to convert the generated
> binary to the .hex format format (=the Intel HEX format):

Andreas:

  .hex is terrible. A much larger size than binary and it needs the special tool to burn it into flash. Xilinx used to distribute such a tool named XSPI, but then they discontinued it and built it into IMPACT, and then they removed it from IMPACT altogether. There are other tools out there, but this step used to be one big mess in my experience.

Wojtek