[Oberon] Arduino MKR Vidor 4000 (was New Hardware for Oberon / Risc-5 ?)

Skulski, Wojciech skulski at pas.rochester.edu
Fri Jul 27 03:43:52 CEST 2018

Markus wrote:

> Arduinio brought a brand new FPGA board to the market!
> Its quite cheap (50 EUR) and seems to have 8 MByte of SRAM

The website says "onboard 8 Mbyte SDRAM". SDRAM is not SRAM. It is hard to say for sure what they installed because neither the schematic nor the BOM are prominently displayed on that website. Maybe they are there somewhere. But I assume they know what they are saying.

I cancelled my previous Oberon board project after realizing the intricacies of caching. I do not want to say that SDRAM is bad. But I decided to shy away from it. Another concern is indeterministic software execution time, depending on the cache status and thus on execution history. This would be bad for my field of study.

www.arduino.cc/en/Guide/MKRVidor4000

Wojtek