[Oberon] Arduino MKR Vidor 4000 (was New Hardware for Oberon / Risc-5 ?)

Jörg joerg.straube at iaeth.ch
Fri Jul 27 09:21:40 CEST 2018

Simple porting of the RISC-5 willl be difficult to that board as this CPU does not support a cache. First as Wojtek correctly pointed out, it‘s  SDRAM, but secondly the AS4C4M16SA-7BCN is organized as 16x 4Mb.
Good, let’s assume the RISC-5 would evolve to RISC-6 adding an instruction and a data cache to overcome the longer SDRAM start time until full transfer speed is reached, this cache has to be used as well to make it look like a 32 bit architecture.

Jörg