[Oberon] Oberon board availability

Chris Burrows chris at cfbsoftware.com
Tue Jul 31 15:12:17 CEST 2018

We have just finished preparing a new disk image and Verilog bitstream files specifically to run the Project Oberon Workstation on the Pepino LX9 FPGA development board 'out-of-the-box'.

This release is based on the very latest Oberon sources (July 2018) and Verilog sources (Jun 2018) as described in 'An Update of the RISC5 Implementation', by Niklaus Wirth 15.6.2018:

https://people.inf.ethz.ch/wirth/ProjectOberon/RISC5.Update.pdf

The system also includes our enhancements: Support for Numeric / Character CASE statements in the compiler, optional real-time clock devices, timestamps on uploaded files, the additional high-capacity file system HCFiler and more source code examples. The entire source code of the system, including the compiler, is included on the disk image. Go to http://www.astrobe.com/RISC5/Workstation for more details and to request a copy of the system,

Regards,
Chris Burrows
CFB Software
http://www.astrobe.com/RISC5/Workstation