[Oberon] FPGA - Display.CopyBlock()

Claudio Nieder private at claudio.ch
Thu Sep 27 15:23:33 CEST 2018

Hi,

this is by the way something Wirth had done in the past when he designed the Lilith. The Lilith had a self made (out of bit slice processor 2901) processor and its instruction set called M-Code featured also instructions like "Display Dot", "Replicate Pattern", "Bit block transfer" and "Display character". They are mentioned on page 63 of ETH Report Nr 40 - The Personal Computer Lilith. Apr 1981. N. Wirth which you can find at https://www.research-collection.ethz.ch/bitstream/handle/20.500.11850/69801/eth-3139-01.pdf?sequence=1&isAllowed=y <https://www.research-collection.ethz.ch/bitstream/handle/20.500.11850/69801/eth-3139-01.pdf?sequence=1&isAllowed=y>

"Bit block transfer" is what probably was used to scroll with "hardware support".

claudio