[Oberon] FPGA - Display.CopyBlock()

Tomas Kral thomas.kral at email.cz
Thu Sep 27 15:59:38 CEST 2018

Claudio, Walter,

> Of course, this is the opinion of a hardware designer  ;)

Yes, I can see. I like ST Blitter, it is a nice chip. PO2013 shows
how to achieve raster primitives in s/w, it is also didactic.

I realised simplest scroll for Oberon system is just copy, no shift,
all viewers are word aligned, except last 8 trailing bits. Had the
viewers been by one byte shorter..

IF dx = sx THEN SYSTEM.COPY(sa0, sa0+d, len DIV 4) (*scroll, word
aligned*)

RISC-5 has reduced functionality, I believe in h/w terms it means
number of flip/flops - transistors used => how much does it influence
price of of a real chip design based on FPGA matrix, while quantity is
probably the biggest factor?

EDIT I should have said, I am not really h/w man, with only little
understanding.

--
Tomas Kral <thomas.kral at email.cz>