[Oberon] FPGA - Display.Mod 4-bit colour

Tomas Kral thomas.kral at email.cz
Wed Oct 17 11:53:04 CEST 2018

> The whole Gadgets system needs a lot of code.
> So, with only 1MB of RAM it’s questionable to port all graphics
> modules over to ProjectOberon.

I see. I wish to do some trending, graphing only. I saw some photos of
Ceres with dual screens mono/colour, that I plan to mimic with SW[6].
While SW[7] remains for invert.

Instead of Gadgets, we can support simple pop-up menus, like I saw with
Lilith, Mensa. That may still comfortably fit within 1MB. Just ideas.

> Display can use the pre-stretched font patterns right away...

Yes, faster, I see. I stretch with parameter 1-bit (no stretch)
4-bit stretch), that took me some time to understand. I got some speed
back with optimised scroll, though I loose some with font
render, agree.

I do not need to rebuild system so far (which may be of little or
no benefit), may require a change in time to get on compatible Display
interface with Ceres and yours, too.

--
Tomas Kral <thomas.kral at email.cz>