[Oberon] Oberon 2 on RISC5

Treutwein Bernhard Bernhard.Treutwein at Verwaltung.Uni-Muenchen.DE
Thu Nov 8 13:30:50 CET 2018

>Since it is derived from Oberon-07, its syntax will indeed be slightly different
>from the official Oberon-2 spec. Of course, this will only add to the confusion
>among users, as there is now yet another language variant to deal with.

absolutely and I think this is very undesirable ... we have already Oberon dialects,
which do not have a clean specification, or am I missing something around A2/Aos/Fox

> [...]
>
>it will allow legacy Oberon-2 programs to be compiled as is.

and this was the intended purpose, as far as I understood the discussion.
--
  Bernhard