[Oberon] Japanese 106 type keyboard layout file

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 00:44:05 CET 2018

On Mon, 3 Dec 2018 at 14:38, Treutwein Bernhard
<Bernhard.Treutwein at verwaltung.uni-muenchen.de> wrote:

> did you succeed in creating an actual A2 native or are you using the latest one from 2015
> which I was able to build and which is available at https://sourceforge.net/projects/a2oberon/files/

FWIW, the way I managed to install A2 natively was as follows.

I couldn't get a USB key to write successfully. I could write it but
it wouldn't boot.

However, Virtualbox would boot the ISO file mounted as a device.

I think also tried making a boot floppy with a USB floppy drive -- no joy.

So I made a dedicated primary partition for A2, mounted it as a
directly-attached drive in VirtualBox, with the options that give the
VM a fake MBR and partition table.

Then I booted the VM off the ISO image but installed to a real
physical partition. I pointed my boot manager at that partition, and
voilá, native A2 on bare metal.