[Oberon] FPGA - OberonV4 Dialogs

Andreas Pirklbauer andreas_pirklbauer at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 14 09:17:58 CET 2018

The only caveat is that it the just released "Revised Oberon-2" compiler for FPGA Oberon
intentionally implements a strict superset of Oberon-07 (!) and not the Original Oberon-1990,
on which the Original Oberon-2 compiler of 1990 was based in its day.

However, two of the most important features of Oberon-2, namely "type-bound procedures" and
"dynamic heap allocation for fixed-length and open arrays" - should be identical to Oberon-2.

-ap

PS: If someone *really” wanted to make the FPGA version 100% compatible
with Oberon-2, he/she can of course do so. Now that the compiler is in place,
it is a fairly easy task. However, I think that this would be a step backwards..
but may be justified if a large body of Oberon-2 code exists, which would
take too much time and effort to adapt..