[Oberon] Resend: Re: Risc-5 Instructions statistics

Paul Reed paulreed at paddedcell.com
Sat Feb 16 18:36:38 CET 2019

Hi Walter,

> Confirms experimental trends from my applications; example, has no sense
> waste DSP48 blocks implementing a 32 X 32 bits multiplication.

Well it depends what you're doing!  As I said, YMMV.

Configurable hardware, for the first time for a lot of us, gives us the
possibility to just go and do something in hardware, rather than endlessly
try to optimise software to do it as fast as possible on a general-purpose
architecture.

Cheers,
Paul