[Oberon] What is the status of Lola-2 and its use in the FPGA version of Project Oberon?

Pablo Cayuela pablo.cayuela at gmail.com
Sat Mar 16 19:22:56 CET 2019

I forget to mention; Prof. Wirth wrote a book for the Digital Design
Courses at ETHZ:

Digital Circuit Design for Computer Science Students, An Introductory
Textbook
Springer, 1995
https://www.springer.com/la/book/9783540585770
(change your zone if needed)

In that book he introduces minimal concepts to design a computer, describes
one computer based on NS32008 CPU (only schematics), and another using LoLa
for describing circuits of an entire computer built on an extension board
with an FPGA AT6002, with the software tools of previously mentioned
articles. I suspect that's the ancestor of RISC5 for Project Oberon 2013.
As for the sake of simplicity, this book is one more showing the wonderful
arts of Prof. Wirth.

Best regards,
Pablo Cayuela

On Sat, Mar 16, 2019 at 1:19 PM Pablo Cayuela <pablo.cayuela at gmail.com>