[Oberon] Unreferenced/unused code in Project Oberon 2013

Jörg Straube joerg.straube at iaeth.ch
Sun Apr 28 01:35:16 CEST 2019

Michael

I would not have done some of your changes.
Just to give you some examples why it is as it is:

- FileDir: With your changes it will be difficult to write a module to repair disks, as all important fields are now hidden

- Display: By deleting the main dispatch handler Handle() it gets more difficult to code own new window managers.
By deleting Base, it’s not possible anymore to write a generic procedure to copy frame content to memory. With other resolutions, Base might change but the copy procedure could be left untouched.

-Kernel: It’s not wise to delete StackSize. If you want to improve, rather use StackSize in Modules instead of using a constant there.

-Modules: by hiding important parameters of a module, writing a debugger gets more difficult.

br
Jörg