[Oberon] A2 Repository

Michael Schierl schierlm at gmx.de
Fri May 31 20:41:36 CEST 2019

Hello Colby,

Am 30.05.2019 um 15:17 schrieb oberon at x.colbyrussell.com:

> For example, the contents of A2OS/tools/builds/install.txt should be
> fairly unique.  Its SHA-1 is d9079c001447813b1eef04a7b2ec5f8547bae16b.
> And the Software Heritage service reports that they have a copy.

Thanks, I was not aware of this service.

> Unfortunately, it looks like right now that it's not possible to follow
> it back to the repo that the file originally came from, but it might be
> possible using the developer API.

After a closer look at the developer API, it does not seem to be
possible there either. The API only allows you to move in one direction:
From URL to crawl timestamps, to branches, to commits, to trees, to
files, to content hashes, but not in the opposite direction. So when you
have a repository URL, you can check what it contained at a given time,
but you cannot search which repo contains a file, and you also cannot
search from a given repo, if forks of that repo (with more recent source
code) exist.

But probably this might be added later.

Regards,

Michael