[Oberon] ETH (Active) Oberon Language Report 2019

Skulski, Wojciech skulski at pas.rochester.edu
Tue Nov 19 19:14:16 CET 2019

> Although all languages are called Oberon, they define not the same language (have different compilers)
> - Oberon
> - Oberon-2
> - Active Oberon
> - Oberon-07
> are all different languages.

I would add Component Pascal to this mix ;-) It would be nice if a white paper review was available comparing these languages, the relative merits, and how the differences affect application development. All these languages originated through some stepwise refinement. It would be interesting to read a review of what has been learned, both positive and negative.

W.