[Oberon] Oberon System emulator for Windows

Paul Reed paulreed at paddedcell.com
Tue Feb 11 14:54:23 CET 2020

Hi Wojtek,

> 1. Is it possible to change the colors from white-on-grey to
> white-on-black, or the reverse black-on-white?

src/sdl-main.c contains some commented-out lines with different colour
schemes.

For building from source, this gist is very helpful for installing MSYS2
and an SDL2 environment from scratch on Windows:

https://gist.github.com/thales17/fb2e4cff60890a51d9dddd4c6e832ad2

Just be careful to decide whether you want a 32-bit ("i686") or 64-bit
("x86_64") environment and build, and then be consistent, e.g. with the
packages.  Try building the SDL2 "Hello World" in the gist to check
everything is working.

Once the MSYS2 and SDL2 build environment is working, you should be able
to go ahead and git clone the emulator source and build it with make.

(For standalone use, you will need to copy the SDL2.dll out of the msys
directory tree and put it in the same directory as the built exe you
copied out.)

I just successfully built a white-on-black version following the above.

HTH,
Paul