[Oberon] Question: what Oberon System is shown here?

Skulski, Wojciech skulski at pas.rochester.edu
Tue Feb 18 21:31:53 CET 2020

Frans-Pieter:

Please note how well these modules are formatted and commented. Go to minute 5:30 and look. There are CONST declarations and enough comments to know what is going on. There is whitespace to make the code structure better visible. Now imagine this same code without any comments and with multiple statements per line. It would be a horror.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlnj6FCY1tY

How much commenting is enough? IMHO Ivan Denisow is showing a very reasonable minimum. I tend to put much more commenting into my own productions. See my SysDef.Mod posted earlier. I have never heard a word of complaint from my collaborators that I told them too much. They always appreciated every bit of information they are getting within my code. I would myself appreciate Ivan's code and information he is providing.

W.