[Oberon] Unlimited Oberon System for any board

Chris Burrows chris at cfbsoftware.com
Fri May 8 12:02:32 CEST 2020

Just out of curiosity. What added value would running it on hardware, as opposed to running it on one of the emulators, give you?

Improved performance is the only thing I can think of. Performance was a major problem with the 1970's equivalent of Project Oberon (i.e. the UCSD p-System) but that was in the days of 8 MHz (if, like me, you were lucky) CPU's and floppy disk-based filesystems.

Emulator performance is Hardly an issue today with multi-core multi GHz CPUs and SSD filesystems.