[Oberon] PO2013 - SD Image Tool

Andreas Pirklbauer andreas_pirklbauer at yahoo.com
Sun May 17 09:11:38 CEST 2020

   > This discussion shows that everybody uses slightly different building tools
   > and steps. That depends on the environment you use for it and is totally okay.

Agreed. I didn’t realise just how many different flavours seem to be out there.

Some reasons for this fragmentation:

- The building tools are not actually published in the Oberon book (and never were)
- The book only covers the case where a system is built over a communication link
- Some people don’t use the Oberon system, but eg Linux to build Oberon

Perhaps “the community” can come up with a more or less “standard" set of base
tools (or at least agree on the interfaces) that cover a wider range of use cases.
For example, I have no issue adding something like your ISO tools. But you’re
right: everyone already seems to have his/her own building tools..