[Oberon] PO2013 - SD Image Tool

Magnus Karlsson magnus at saanlima.com
Fri May 22 20:13:39 CEST 2020

On 5/22/2020 10:32 AM, Tomas Kral wrote:
> RS232 is RxD, TxD, and flow control signals (CTS/RTS or DSR), GND.
> Minimum of 5 wires/signals.
>
> This is failing me, unless FTDI does some magic. Can we do h/w flow
> control over USB?

(I guess the mailing list don't like screen capture images so here is
another try)

 From FTDI web site:

*How does RTS/CTS flow control work in an FTDI chip?*

FTxxx RTS# pin is an output. It should be connected to the CTS# input
pin of the device at the other end of the UART link.

If RTS# is logic 0 it is indicating the FTxxx device can accept more
data on the RXD pin.

If RTS# is logic 1 it is indicating the FTxxx device cannot accept more
data.

RTS# changes state when the chip buffer reaches its last 32 bytes of
space to allow time for the external device to stop sending data to the
FTxxx device.

FTxxx CTS# pin is an input. It should be connected to the RTS# output
pin of the device at the other end of the UART link.

If CTS# is logic 0 it is indicating the external device can accept more
data, and the FTxxx will transmit on the TXD pin.

If CTS# is logic 1 it is indicating the external device cannot accept
more data. the FTxxx will stop transmitting within 0~3 characters,
depending on what is in the buffer.