[Oberon] PO2013 - Infrequent TRAPs

Tomas Kral thomas.kral at email.cz
Sat Jun 13 17:11:35 CEST 2020

Hi,

I know, this has been my on-and-off topic, here it is again.
I keep record of traps I occasionally got, when working on new modules.

[1] When compiling does not finish
LED=00100001
LED(21H) ==> Oberon.GC mark does not pass

[2] When unloading fails
LED=00100111
LED(27H) ==> Oberon.GC scan does not pass

[3] When executing commands, e.g. ShowModules
Position 8280 TRAP1 in Modules
REPEAT s[k] := ch; (* <== array index *)

[4] When loading a file
Position 6656 TRAP4 in Files
WHILE (buf.apos # pos) (* <== buf is NIL *)

I do quite a bit of unloading, before I get things done,
Is well possible then I smash the heap somehow?

I am surprised that on some rare occasions I even got [1]
on freshly booted system, and the first thing was to recompile a module.

I have experimented with ORB object allocation, class, exno, lev: as
BYTEs vs INTEGERs.

With INTEGERs, [1] appears less frequent, than BYTEs, but that's only
an observation, is most likely not the reason.

--
Tomas Kral <thomas.kral at email.cz>