[Oberon] Re (5?): ftp://ftp.ics.uci.edu/pub/oberon/System3/Macintosh

peter at easthope.ca peter at easthope.ca
Mon Jun 15 19:58:12 CEST 2020

From:	Liam Proven <lproven at gmail.com>
Date:	Mon, 15 Jun 2020 17:56:57 +0200
> Interestingly, first time, no, I got an error about accessing too many
> Google Books or something.

Oops.  I misunderstood Liam's reference.  Please ignore my comment
about off-lining of the ETH server.

> Interestingly, first time, no, I got an error about accessing too many
> Google Books or something.

Are these long Google URL always transmitted through email
uncorrupted?  Just one bad character is enough to cause the
recipient confusion and annoyance.

If someone can tell the meaning of OMI or can edit the glossary, that
will save more wild-goose chasing.

From:	Liam Proven <lproven at gmail.com>
Date:	Mon, 15 Jun 2020 19:24:10 +0200
> And it's a great piece of work. I salute you for it. It's fantastic.

Thanks.  It requires some dogged persistence and minimal intelligence.
In fact, ignorance is a benefit.  Less reliance on implicit knowledge.

I'm afraid that much of the knowledge is held by fellas middle-aged
and older.  I'm hoping that some youngsters pick up the batton before
the knowledge is lost.

Regards,                                                  ... P.

--
https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Medical_Machines
https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Oberon