[Oberon] attribution; was Re (2): multi-boot examples.

peter at easthope.ca peter at easthope.ca
Thu Oct 8 18:17:49 CEST 2020

From:	Liam Proven <lproven at gmail.com>
Date:	Thu, 8 Oct 2020 13:58:26 +0200
> Here's a copy of the text:
> https://forum.zwame.pt/threads/quantos-sistemas-operativos-suporta-um-pc.6474/

Thanks Liam.  I've included the link to the page at archive.org, given
by Michael.  Aside from the archive.org header, it's very close to the
original from the ETHZ server.

In the site map,
https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Oberon/ETH_Oberon/sitemap , the link
"Using a boot manager, with application to ETH Oberon" is now active.

The boot manager page in question is at
https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Oberon/ETH_Oberon/bootman .  It had no
mention of Boot Manager written by André Fischer.  I'll speculate
that the page was written before Boot Manager was published.  I've
added Boot Manager to the list at the bottom of the page. That's the
only deliberate change from the original.

There is also the instructional page
https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Oberon/BootManager . Considering that
André wrote Boot Manager, he is likely to have authored the
instructional page also.

Authorship of many source modules is indicated by initials.  "afi" for
André Fischer, "pjm" for Pieter Muller and etc. Unfortunately
many of the explanatory documents did not show authorship. Attribution
could be added in the light green box at the top of a page. If
someone with first hand knowledge can do the small edits, good.  Best
to settle attribution before all old-timers are gone.  =8~)

Regards,                             ... L.

--
Tel: +1 604 670 0140            Bcc: peter at easthope. ca