[Oberon] all in one git tree

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Fri Dec 25 00:27:29 CET 2020

On Fri, 25 Dec 2020 at 00:09, Arnim Littek <arnim at actrix.gen.nz> wrote:

> git is designed for ease of replication, as a fundamental requirement.  Much easier to do so than a bunch of scattered, uncoordinated single repositories based on less capable version control tools.  It behooves you to understand that which you criticise.  Know thy enemy.

Please bottom-post on mailing lists.

As it happens, I know Git fairly well and work with it daily. I
cordially loathe it. I have discovered that most people do not know
why it has the name. "Git" is not an acronym; it is British English
slang for an uncooperative, hostile person who is extremely difficult
to work with.

I think you misunderstand the point here, which is not about Git at
all, nor even about Github. The point is that there are multiple
entirely separate Github projects which have all taken and mirrored
the Oberon code from ETH, and they are not working together. PRs to
any one of them do not go to the others, and thus, the codebase is
highly likely to drift and fragment.

Email: lproven at cix.co.uk – gMail/gTalk/gHangouts: lproven at gmail.com