[Oberon] all in one git tree

Guy turgu666 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 31 02:48:40 CET 2020

I've been following the conversation on this very interesting subject.
Being a heavy user of git and other *marvelous* source code management
tools for the last 35 years, I can't count the number of times these
tools saved my ass of inserted bugs in code that the change history
management of those tools helped me find the issues... but I'm
digressing...

I have (very) stupid questions: Why is Oberon OS is allowing the use of
non-plain text source code entry? What is the benefit? Would it be
better to have ASCII (or UTF-8 or whatever) files that would simplify
so much the interaction with other systems? If it is for code
embellishment on screen and printout, what about implementing these
features in tools at the OS level, as every other system do?

An Happy New Year to all of you!!

Guy