[Sans] Dell server purchase at D-BSSE

Palinkas Janos janos.palinkas at bsse.ethz.ch
Thu Oct 7 16:57:57 CEST 2010

Dear colleagues,

Steven asked me to send you this information.

We are going to buy some Dell Power Edge R815 machines at the D-BSSE.
Actually we have a "project" price  and are still in negotiations but the setup below would be ~12 kCHF without tax which is approx 50% of the list price.

Mr. Beffa, our Dell account manager, confirmed me that if you want to participate you would get the same conditions  - AFAIK even with other configurations, as long as the purchase stays ETHZ internal.

However, we internally have to proceed latest next week.

Best regards,
j.

PowerEdge R815 Rack-Gehäuse für bis zu
6x 2,5Zoll Festplatten
Components
1 2HE Rack Blende (R715/R810/R815)
2 2M Rack Power Cord C13/C14 12A
1 Redundante Stromversorgung (2 Netzteile) 1100W
1 Ready Rack Gleitschienen mit Kabelführungsarm
1 2x AMD Opteron 6174 (2,2GHz, 12x512KB L2 Cache, 115W TDP, 12C)
1 Zusätzlich 2x AMD Opteron 6174 (2,2GHz, 12x512K L2 Cache, 115W TDP, 12C), Upgrade auf
4CPU
1 128GB Arbeitsspeicher für 4CPU (32x4GB Dual Rank RDIMMs) 1333MHz
2 146GB SAS 6Gbit/s 10k 2,5Zoll Festplatte Hot Plug
1 PERC H700 Integrated RAID Controller, 1GB NV Cache
1 16X DVD+/-RW ROM Drive SATA
1 iDRAC6 Enterprise mit VFlash 1GB SD-Karte
1 C3 - R1 für PERC H200/H700, Genau 2 Laufwerke
2 10GbE SR SFP+ Transceiver for Intel X520 10GbE Dual Port Server Adapter
1 Intel X520 DA2 10GbE Dual Port SFP+ Server-Adapter, Optisch, PCIe x8, EX
Software
1 Dell Verwaltungskonsole DVD
1 PE R815 Elektronische Systemdokumentation und OpenManage DVD
Service
1 Base Warranty
1 3Yr Basic Warranty - Next Business Day - Minimum Warranty
1 5Yr ProSupport for IT and 4hr Mission Critical

__
Janos Palinkas
IT Manager D-BSSE

ETH Zurich