[Sans] Dell server purchase at D-BSSE

Nico Schottelius nico.schottelius at inf.ethz.ch
Fri Oct 8 09:44:31 CEST 2010

Good morning Janos,

Palinkas Janos [Thu, Oct 07, 2010 at 02:57:57PM +0000]:
> We are going to buy some Dell Power Edge R815 machines at the D-BSSE.
> Actually we have a "project" price  and are still in negotiations but the setup below would be ~12 kCHF without tax which is approx 50% of the list price.

Interesting, we also have two of them already here. For whatever reason,
Dell makes a "cheap" offer with those devices, wheras normally they are
not able to offer the right parts or the "right" price.

As said, the machines here are already here and up and running [0], but
I would be interested in hearing more from anyone of you, if $vendor is
offering interesting products.

> Mr. Beffa, our Dell account manager, confirmed me that if you want to participate you would get the same conditions  - AFAIK even with other configurations, as long as the purchase stays ETHZ internal.

I think they even have to do that - though not 100% about the
content of the Rahmenvertrag.

Cheers,

Nico

[0] http://www.nico.schottelius.org/blog/dell-r815-hands-on-with-linux/

--
Systems Group Sysadmin        Tel: +41 (0) 44 632 76 09        D-INFK/ETH Zurich