[Sans] S and SGE goes 90-day trial license S

Steven Armstrong steven.armstrong at inf.ethz.ch
Wed Sep 1 11:08:51 CEST 2010

Mosebach Kai wrote on 09/01/10 10:49:
> FYI,
>
> [another reason not to like oracle]
>
> Whoops.
>
> This said, the GE community is stepping up to do something about this,
> though my concern is that Oracle could lean on them a little.
>
> This isn¹t a good thing for SGE users (we are/have been one) who use the
> open source version.
>
> I need to check a few other products we¹ve been using in a similar view. If
> we need to convert to something else, we will. Torque isn¹t terrible (my bad
> experiences with its predecessor from years ago not withstanding), and there
> are a few others.

Hi Kai

I have a cluster running torque/maui. It works ok so far. But the
documentation is pretty bad/scattered IMHO.

I'm currently playing with SLURM [1] which seems pleasantly simple yet
still powerful. It's GPL and the documentation is awesome so far. I
think I'll byte.

[1]https://computing.llnl.gov/linux/slurm/

Cheers,
Steven
--
Steven Armstrong
Institute of Computational Science, ETH Zurich