[Barrelfish] [Barrelfish-users] System knowledge base microbenchmarks?

Michael N. Gagnon mgagnon at seas.harvard.edu
Wed Oct 7 00:52:21 MEST 2009

Hi again, and thank you for the quick reply.  I have another question.

I took a quick look at the source code and it looks like there are
user-mode and kernel-mode micro benchmarks.

kernel/include/kernel/microbenchmarks.h defines MICROBENCH_ITERATIONS to
be 64
usr/bench/bench.c defines MICROBENCH_ITERATIONS to be 1000000

I am curious, what motivated these particular values?

Thanks,
Mike