[Barrelfish-users] Fwd: ARM Port Status?

Simon Peter speter at inf.ethz.ch
Tue Nov 8 23:22:49 CET 2011

 > I have been trying to test out the ARM port of Barrelfish. Is it
 > actively being developed at the moment? The ARM simulation doesn't
 > seem to have any serial output.

ARM development is currently slow and mostly devoted to maintaining
what's there. External contributions would be very welcome!

The simulator target (named ARM) should currently be in shape to execute
the monitor and other rudimentary user-space applications. The XScale
target is able to run on real hardware, but unfortunately only gets as
far as early user-space startup.

 > Any help as to the status of the ARM port would be appreciated. Also,
 > if I have some patches I would like to send, is this mailing list the
 > appropriate place to send them?

This list is the right place for them. Alternatively, you can send them
to me if you want someone to look over them first.

If you have further questions, I'd be happy to answer them!

  -- Simon