[Barrelfish-users] Barrelfish Hello world on SCC

Nil Karavadara n.karavadara at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 12:01:00 CET 2012

HI,

I have made changes (only menu.lst needed changes) but the out put is still
the same.

*Output log:*

My APIC ID: 0
Barrelfish CPU driver starting on scc core 0
init: invoked as: init 2097152
Spawning memory server (scc/sbin/mem_serv)...
Spawning monitor (scc/sbin/monitor)...
starting monitor as 'scc/sbin/monitor 327680 '
monitor: invoked as: scc/sbin/monitor 327680
RAM allocator initialised, 1608 MB (of 1624 MB) available
Spawning chips on core 0
Spawning /scc/sbin/ramfsd on core 0
Spawning /scc/sbin/spawnd on core 0
Spawning /scc/sbin/startd on core 0
chips: client waiting for ramfs
ramfsd.0: pre-populating from boot image...
chips: client waiting for ramfs
ramfsd.0: /scc/sbin/examples/xmpl-hello already exists, skipping it
ramfsd.0: ready
chips: notifying client about ramfs
chips: notifying client about ramfs
kernel 0: Allocating RAM at 0x80000000 uninitialized
kernel 0: Allocating RAM at 0x80010000 uninitialized
spawnd.0: coreid 1 is arch id 1
chips: client waiting for all_spawnds_up
Monitor 0: booting scc core 1 as '/scc/sbin/cpu'
kernel 0: Allocating RAM at 0x80020000 uninitialized
all 2 monitors up
chips: client waiting for spawn.1.ready
chips: notifying client about spawn.1.ready
chips: client waiting for all_spawnds_up
chips: notifying client about all_spawnds_up
chips: notifying client about all_spawnds_up
startd.0: starting app /scc/sbin/examples/xmpl-hello on core 0
spawnd.0: spawning /scc/sbin/examples/xmpl-hello on core 0
startd.0: starting app /scc/sbin/examples/xmpl-hello on core 1
kernel 0: Allocating RAM at 0x80021000 uninitialized
Hello World
No bootscript

*Menu.lst*
timeout 0

# spawnd is used to control which cpus are booted
#
# "spawnd boot" will use the skb and pci to figure out and
#  boot all cores in the machine
#
# "spawnd boot bootscc=1-6" will not use the skb and
# boot the list of cores passed as argument.
# The hardware id of the cores to boot should be specified.
# This list may not include the bsp core id.

title    Barrelfish
root    (nd)
kernel    /scc/sbin/cpu loglevel=4
module    /scc/sbin/cpu
module    /scc/sbin/init

# Domains spawned by init
module    /scc/sbin/mem_serv
module    /scc/sbin/monitor

module    /scc/sbin/chips boot
module    /scc/sbin/ramfsd boot
module  /scc/sbin/spawnd boot bootscc=1
module  /scc/sbin/startd boot
# modules needed to start the networking
# module  /scc/sbin/eMAC core=0
# module  /scc/sbin/netd core=0 cardname=eMAC2_0
# module  /scc/sbin/eMAC core=1
# module  /scc/sbin/netd core=1 cardname=eMAC2_1

# RCK memory map
# Everything up til VGA is private RAM (maybe we want to throw it away)
mmap    map    0x0        0xa000        2
# Everything after VGA is private RAM (we also live in this area)
mmap    map    0xe800        0x26ff1800    1
# Shared RAM (over all MCs) in the middle of address space
#mmap    map    0x80000000    0x4000000    1
mmap    map     0x80000000      0x40000000      1
# At the very end we have some platform memory (bootup EEPROM)
mmap    map    0xfffc0000    0x40000        2

module /scc/sbin/examples/xmpl-hello core=0
module /scc/sbin/examples/xmpl-hello core=1

Is there anything ma i missing?

Thank you,