[Barrelfish-users] updates

Kornilios Kourtis kornilios.kourtis at inf.ethz.ch
Mon Nov 5 10:53:30 CET 2012

Hi all,

We are pleased to announce that we pushed a number of updates to our
public tree. As usual, you can either download the code as a tarball from
hg.barrelfish.org, or update your mercurial repository.

The updates we pushed are a partial merge of Raphael Fuchs' work for his
thesis entitled: "A session control interface for a Multikernel". Raphael
introduced a terminal subsystem for barrelfish, and as a case-study
ported OpenSSH to barrelfish. For a more detailed description, you can
find Raphael's thesis here:
http://www.barrelfish.org/fuchsr-bachelor-sessioncontrol.pdf

The updates we pushed are mostly concerned with adding the necessary
infrastructure and improving posix compatibility support. We hope that we
will be able to soon release a version of barrelfish which you can ssh
to!

cheers,
Kornilios.

--