[Barrelfish-users] ARM support in barrelfish

Kornilios Kourtis kornilios.kourtis at inf.ethz.ch
Fri Nov 9 10:55:24 CET 2012

Hi all,

Although barrelfish ARM support has improved with the addition of new
architectures (ARMv7) and platforms (arm_gem5, pandaboard), the code is
not in the best possible state (to put it mildly :-). We are currently
thinking about what ARM support barrelfish should provide, how to clean
up the code, and how to make it easier for people with ARM hardware to
use and extend barrelfish.

We are aware --mostly via messages on the list-- of several projects that
use barrelfish on ARM, but we would like to get a more comprehensive view
of what people are doing (or plan to do), so that we can make more
informed decisions, and possibly collaborate on improving ARM support in
barrelfish. So, if you are using barrelfish on an ARM architecture please
let us know what hardware you are using, what are your plans, etc.
Needless to say, any help on improving ARM support would be more than
welcome.

cheers,
Kornilios.

--