[Barrelfish-users] UMP IPI on x86 (_64)

Lukas Humbel humbell at ethz.ch
Fri Feb 22 11:53:17 CET 2013

Hi Kornilios,

Thanks, it looks like the buffer being too small is actually the cause
for the bug i observed (i should have printed the srccore variable too,
then it would have been more obvious...).

I changed

static char my_notify_page[BASE_PAGE_SIZE];

static char my_notify_page[NOTIFY_FIFO_BYTES * MAX_COREID];

and it works. Or let's say, it fails with another bug :-)

If IPIs are activated globally, it runs into the panic("FULL") on core 0
while booting the 15th core. The error goes away when i put a printf in
ipi_raise_notify, so i guess the fifo is just not dequeued fast enough.
Also doubling the buffer size resolves the problem.

When i use my code that only enables IPIs on one channel (or use the
double sized buffer), messages can be transmitted, but later on, my
process freezes (but i guess there is another bug in my code...).

Cheers,
Lukas