[Barrelfish-users] How to Patch grub-0.97 to load 64 bit Barrelfish image!!

jiban sarma jj_sep at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 27 15:29:23 CET 2013

Hi Kornilios,

I think I am little bit confused with the grub and the elver pre boot loader.Can you please give me an insight of how grub and elver worked together to load the barrelfish image. I almost have the same menu.lst configuration as you have shared.

Okay, I am just planning to do the below, just let me know whether I am in the right direction or not:

1) Create a 64 bit barrelfish image by using make install INSTALL_PREFIX=/tftpboot/barrelfish
2) Copy the barrelfish binary in my tftp/pxe server.
3) Build grub-0.97 to support network booting for my broadcom ethernet card.
4 )and copy the "pxegrub" binary in my pxe server.
5) Write a "menu.lst" file based on my configuration.

Does grub will read the elver entry from the menu.lst file and then elver eventually take the control of the whole boot process?

Thanks,
Jiban