[Barrelfish-users] Need Help configuring PXE/TFTP boot

jiban sarma jj_sep at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 5 12:57:41 CEST 2013

Hello All,

Today I have got a set up to install barrelfish on real hardware. I want to boot the OS via PXE/TFTP. I have configured the DHCP server and TFTP/PXE configuration as well. After that I have copied all the binary files of barrelfish using
make install INSTALL_PREFIX=/var/lib/tftpboot/barrelfish .

Now i have the following directory structure within /var/lib/tftpboot

drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 4096 Sep  5 02:08 barrelfish
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root  353 Sep  5 02:15 mybootmenu.cfg
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Sep  5 03:25 pxelinux.cfg

Now when i start my Pxe boot client its stuck in PXE-32 TFTP open timeout.
Is there any additional file required to boot barrelfish?

Please can someone help me how to resolve the issue.

Thanks,
Jiban