[Barrelfish-users] about tilera support

Timothy Roscoe troscoe at inf.ethz.ch
Mon Jun 2 11:49:53 CEST 2014

Dear Antonio,

Your email prompted some of the authors of the Tilera port to contact
us, and we'll be posting a link to the BitBucket repository of their
work on the Barrelfish website shortly.

In the meantime, as Georgios points out, the work was started at SICS
by Robert Radkiewicz, Jackie Wang, and Mats Brorsson, and continued at
Åbo Akademi University in Turku, Finland by Andreas Johansson, Simon
Holmbacka, and Johan Lilius.  Simon Holmbacka (sholmbac at abo.fi) is the
main contact person (but also feel free to discuss it on the
Barrelfish-users lists).

The code is fairly complete and boots all Tile cores on a hardware
simulator, and comes with documentation (in the tree as a Technical
Note).  However, be aware that it is based on a older release of
Barrelfish, so does not incorporate recent enhancements and bug fixes.

The code can be found here: https://bitbucket.org/sholmbac/tile_on_bf

More generally, if anyone is interested in integrating this code with
the current main branch of Barrelfish (and has Tilera hardware or a
simulator to test things on), we're happy to integrate it into our
repo, and we can also share our automated overnight tests.

Good luck!

 -- Mothy