[Barrelfish-users] GHC 8.x support?

Simon Peter simon.peter at inf.ethz.ch
Wed Apr 18 22:17:29 CEST 2018

Hi folks,

Just wondering if there's already GHC 8.x support lingering around
somewhere? Most Linux distributions have updated to it.

It doesn't appear to be working out of the box, primarily because
Template Haskell has changed what's returned when an Exp is parsed
(there's now some additional source line information returned). I tried
to fix it (as it doesn't look too complex) but my Haskell skills appear
to have faded over the years (sad!), so I gave up after spending a few
hours. Any thoughts would be highly appreciated.

Cheers,
Simon