[Oberon] Re: (Fwd) quickport driver

muller at inf.ethz.ch muller at inf.ethz.ch
Tue Jul 9 21:29:28 CEST 2002

On 21 Jun 2002, "Josef Dalcolmo" <dalcolmo at vh-s.de> wrote:
> I have a QuickPort mouse controller on my laptop, but at least
> Oberon0 does not recognize it (it has only one option for a PS/2
> mouse). How do I activate this driver?

When the default mouse type is selected (PS/2), the QuickPort mouse
should be detected automatically.

If it does not function, you could try executing "System.State Input"
and see if "qp = TRUE", which indicates that the quickport was detected.

Q. How to execute commands without a mouse?

A. Active ScrollLock and use the numeric keypad keys to simulate
mouse movement.  ML=0, MM=5, MR=.  This was included for debugging
purposes, and is not really usable as a complete mouse substitute.

-- Pieter

--
Pieter Muller, Computer Systems Institute, ETH Zurich / MCT Lab, Zurich
Native Oberon OS: http://www.oberon.ethz.ch/native/