[Oberon] Fine Timer question

muller at inf.ethz.ch muller at inf.ethz.ch
Tue Jul 9 22:57:51 CEST 2002

"Michael A. McGaw" <mamcgaw at ameritech.net> wrote:
> I am trying to use the Native.FineTimer.Mod in the Contributions section
> under Native 2.3.6, and get the following errors upon attempting to compile:
>
> err 4 identifier does not match procedure name.  Here, the error points to
> the following statement:
>
> MOV EBX, t[EBP]
>
> This is the first line of the first procedure in the module.
>
> It would appear that the compiler is balking at the assembler statements.  I
> am guessing that module FineTimer is making use of functionality in the
> compiler that appears post 2.3.6.

I can't see anything wrong with this, and I think the assembler used the
same syntax in 2.3.6.

If you comment out this line (add ";" before it), does an error
occur on the next line?

-- Pieter

--
Pieter Muller, Computer Systems Institute, ETH Zurich / MCT Lab, Zurich
Native Oberon OS: http://www.oberon.ethz.ch/native/