[Oberon] some questions

Zhuang Yan aaronzhuang at 163.com
Wed Jul 10 11:35:07 CEST 2002

Hello everyone,

    I am a new member in this maillist. It is my honor to communicate with you through Emails. Our lab just bought the SmartRob2 mobile robot platform which used XO/2 RTOS as its Operating System. We have sveral questions about this system. I list these questions in the following part of this mail.

    1. Can we use two computers connect to one robot? For example, we set one PC with 10.10.10.1, the second is 10.10.10.2. The first PC can connect to the robot and communicate with it successfully. But when the second one telnet to the robot, it can enter the XO/2 shell enviroment, but it need input the user and password. The most strange condition is that we cannot input any characters in the password place.

    2. If we change the host ip(for example,the original one is 10.10.10.1, and we set it to 10.10.10.2) and also configure the according internet setting of the SmartROB 2 controller via COM1 port, why the XO/2 shell ask me input the user and password (we cannot input any characters in the password place too). But when we change and reset the host ip to 10.10.10.1, we can enter to the XO/2 autonomously with the prompt none at icPPC> .

    3. How to use the XOClient.panel in Oberon? We can connect the robot's controller using XOClient.panel but cannot execute commands as using telent.

    4. Still we feel puzzled that why we cannot "AppLinker.Batch" the config text file created by ourselves. Even we just change the original SmartRob1.Config file and save it, we cannot "AppLinker.Batch" the new file again.

    Looking forward to your answers. Thank you very much.

Best regards,
                       Aaron Zhuang