[Oberon] Fine Timer, part two

Michael A. McGaw mamcgaw at ameritech.net
Wed Jul 10 21:43:42 CEST 2002

Pieter:

I found the problem with not being able to compile module FineTimer under
2.3.6:  I have been converting all of the .Mod source files to standard text
files (e.g., all special Oberon chars are omitted, and it looks like CRs
and/or LFs are added at the front of each source line), and then using these
for compilation.

This approach has worked fine for ALL of my source files, save one: when I
did this conversion to FineTimer, it did not compile.  But, if I use the
native Oberon file, as obtained on the FTP site, it compiles fine.  It
appears that the section in the compiler that scans for assembler does not
handle the character left at the front (looks like an open square symbol on
my systems) of each line from the text file conversion from native oberon
format.  It does fine parsing all other sections of the source text, just
not the assembler statements.

Appreciated your taking a look.

Mike