[Oberon] 3 Buttons to 2

Felix Friedrich friedrich at gsf.de
Wed Jul 17 11:29:04 CEST 2002

At 09:30 16.07.2002 -0400, Tuesday, Douglas wrote:
>Felix,
>I would be interested in exploring more fully what you have
>done with the mouse.  I am just now getting back into S3
>having been using BlackBox for the last 3 years.  I have been
>in contact with Pieter Muller and hope to expand that relation
>since he will be finishing his Ph.D. soon as well as several
>other ETH students.  My interest is to make commercial (but not
>in a big way) what has been academic.  Keep it small, reliable,
>and simple.

Actually it was not really me, who changed the response of the mouse
buttons but it is contained in ETH native Oberon for Windows. As far as I
understood, Emil Zeller has done - at least part of - the job. In (nearly
all) Gadget-Modules (for examples BasicGadgets -> Buttons) lines like

IF (M.id = Oberon.track) & ((1 IN M.keys) ) & Gadgets.InActiveArea(F, M)
THEN ..........

have simply been changed to

IF (M.id = Oberon.track) & ((1 IN M.keys) OR (Oberon.New & (2 IN M.keys)))
& Gadgets.InActiveArea(F, M) THEN ......

where Oberon.New is a Boolean that indicates that the user wants the new
features. That means, pushing a Button can be done both with the middle or
the left mouse button. In Texts, commands can also be executed with the
left mouse, but the concept of double mouse clicks is used there. (they
simply check if the mouse has moved in the text, if not: left mouse behaves
like middle mouse).

For the Voyager plots, we have an additional module called vyEvents, where
the System events are translated to Voyager-Events, that's for portability
(V4, BlackBox....). I have there added an Event "doubleclick", which is
time-based.

>I'm not right now in the position to use what you have done but
>will slowly get there.  Are you willing to share your code?

I am just now preparing the code and object files and all stuff of Voyager
and Ants to be released in public under the LGPL license. I have to clean
up some things in the next - say - two weeks and then a version will be
somewhere on the net. I can send a note to all people interested in that.
(Just ask me: friedrich at gsf.de) Actually, the software will also be
availabe together with a book about stochastic image analysis ("Image
Analysis, Random Fields and Dynamic Monte Carlo Methods", from Prof.
G.Winkler) (in executable form and with all sources).

Felix.
--

Felix Friedrich

Institut für Biomathematik und Biometrie
GSF - Forschungszentrum für Umwelt und Gesundheit, GmbH
Ingolstädter Landstraße 1, D-85764 Neuherberg

Tel:      ++49 89 3187 2436
email:  friedrich at gsf.de