[Oberon] OFSTools.Mount

Bernhard Treutwein BdT at wildwein.de
Sun Jul 28 11:03:20 CEST 2002

Hi Peter,

Chris is absolutely correct. I realized that sometimes it is necessary
to include also for media, which do not know anything about partitions
the partition number (zero of course in this case). I remember also
that it does not work in other cases. Therefore it best to try both
versions, i.e.

OFSTools.Mount <NAME> <FS> <Device>0#0 ~

and

OFSTools.Mount <NAME> <FS> <Device>0 ~

Another reason for failing might be that the diskette driver is not (yet)
installed. It is worth trying a middle click on:

Diskette.Install

My (still unfinished) remarks about my struggling into Native Oberon
are at http://www.lrz.de/~bernhard/MyExperience.html

I can imagine that this story might be of help for other beginners. Any
additions and amendments are welcome.

regards

    Bernhard

> Message: 1
> From: peter_easthope at gulfnet.sd64.bc.ca
> To: oberon at inf.ethz.ch
> Cc: peter_easthope at gulfnet.sd64.bc.ca
> Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 11:10:41 -0700 (PDT)
> Subject: [Oberon] OFSTools.Mount
>
> In PC Native 23.06.2002 I try to mount a DOS
> diskette with "OFSTools.Mount A FatFS Diskette0 ~".
> In System.Log this message appears.
> A: OFSFATVolumes.New failed
>
> Can anyone explain this?
>
> Thanks,      Peter E.