[Oberon] Correction: zip DOS file-name from a FAT partition.

cglur at onwe.co.za cglur at onwe.co.za
Fri Aug 9 19:08:52 CEST 2002

Pieter wrote:

> > Another option is to extract the files to a FAT file system:

Set up via FAT.Tool :
OFSFATTools.CurrentDir C  ==
   Current directory C:/FLOPPY.BAK/

> ZipTool.ExtractAll \p C: Temp.zip ~  ==
> C:DUG_IDE.C file encrypted / compression method not supported,
> could not extract 0 files extracted, 1 errors

So extracting the files *to* a FAT file system  failed.
It seems to me that extracting *from* a FAT file system would
more likely allow DOS file-names.
So now I search how to write Temp.zip to C:/FLOPPY.BAK/.
Previously we had:
    DOS.Copy Temp.zip => C:/FLOPPY.BAK/Temp.zip ~
It's not clear to me if  OFSTools.CopyTo would(not) work ?
Let's try it ?
  OFSTools.CopyTo  C: SYS: Temp.zipz => Temp.zip ~ == ok
System.Directory C:* ==  shows C:* contains .... C:Temp.zip

Now try:
  ZipTool.ExtractAll \p C: Temp.zip ~  == C:DUG_IDE.C file encrypted /
  compression method not supported, could not extract
0 files extracted, 1 errors

It seems that extracting *from* a FAT file system does not handle
DOS fileNames.
{ Like MM,MR from viewer type X, spawns a type X viewer}.

-- Chris Glur.