[Oberon] Re: Oberon digest, Vol 1 #39 - 5 msgs

Charles Angelich cangelich at famvid.com
Fri Aug 9 14:32:05 CEST 2002

>Message: 4
>Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2002 09:23:50 +1200 (NZST)
>From: Arnim Littek <arnim at med-dev.co.nz>
>To: oberon at inf.ethz.ch
>Subject: Re: [Oberon] Oberon filenames

>> > the underscore !
>>
>> BlackBox very nicely solves this problem by allowing underscore
>> to be a valid character for identifiers (and names).  Makes converting
>> from C to Component Pascal much nicer.
>
>...which begs the obvious question.  I should dig into the source for
>an answer, but really, how hard would it be to alter the source to
>accommodate an underscore?

Might be better to request an override.  If the underscore suddenly becomes
a `legal' filename in newer versions files will exist that within that
version that will `break' existing installs. :-\

I could see it as relatively harmless as an option to allow the illegal
characters on an as-need basis.

Charles Angelich

The Ghost in the Machine!

DOS and W31 Tech website:
http://www.undercoverdesign.com/dosghost

Stories, poems, music, and photos website:
http://www.undercoverdesign.com/dosghost/faf