[Oberon] Post Script, PDF, and text colors

Charles Angelich cangelich at famvid.com
Mon Aug 12 08:26:05 CEST 2002

>Message: 4
>Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2002 20:12:04 +0200 (MET DST)
>From: fischer at inf.ethz.ch
>To: oberon at inf.ethz.ch
>Cc: fischer at inf.ethz.ch
>Subject: Re: [Oberon] pdf and postscript file viewing
>
>On Sat, 10 Aug 2002, Charles Angelich <cangelich at famvid.com> wrote:
>> Question: Are there Post Script and/or PDF readers written for
>> use with Oberon that I can add to a Native/Beta 08.12.00 install
>> to view these postscript and pdf documents?
>
>IMHO the answer to this double question is 2 x no.

>Briefly documented in the section "How to print/view a Postscript file"
>of http://www.oberon.ethz.ch/printer.html

I ask because the documentation for Coco is in the ".ps" format. :-)

>No account concerning pdf.

An oversight?

[...]

>Charles Angelich <cangelich at famvid.com> wrote:
>> Was reading the "Companion" book installed with Native Oberon Beta
>> and found the command EditTools.ChangeColor { old => new } ~.
>>
>> Question: Where are the color NUMBERS given?  I looked in the
>> corresponding EditTools.Tool and no chart was there for the
>> numbers to substitute for the colors. :-\
>
>See Chapter4.Text - ColorPicker
>The Colors attribute lists the first 16 indices shown by the ColorPicker.
>It defaults to the first colors 0 to 15 in the color palette.
>
>A ML click on the ColorWell - on the third row of visual gadgets in
Popups.Tool
>and at the right hand side - opens a ColorPicker
>The first row shows the colors corresponding to the indices 0 .. 15.
>
>Or else Gadgets.Insert ColorPicker ~ does it too.
>Open to full size with MM click.

OK, will check those out.  I used Gadgets but will check the
others.

I did not say I was unable to change text colors, only that I could
find no way to make use of the EditTools.ChangeColor command module
with no color => number chart of any kind. :-\

Charles Angelich

The Ghost in the Machine!

DOS and W31 Tech website:
http://www.undercoverdesign.com/dosghost

Stories, poems, music, and photos website:
http://www.undercoverdesign.com/dosghost/faf