[Oberon] reserved three letter prefix

Douglas G. Danforth danforth at greenwoodfarm.com
Tue Aug 13 15:40:10 CEST 2002

Charles,
The use of a module name prefix is used extensively by
BlackBox where directories are used to organize files
by prefix (I know this is the ETH Native mailing list
but thought this discussion might be of interest to others).

For example
  EegConvexFilters.Mod
is placed in the directory
  Eeg
which is under the root directory where BlackBox is installed.
I initially found this a little strange but having worked with
it find that it makes organization very natural and easy.

The prefix is defined as the first transition from lowercase
(or digit) to uppercase.

>..requiring an online database to be certain no one has reserved
> your first three letters.

That is correct.  I have reserved Gft (at least I hope this is still
resereved!) for any code that my company produces.

-Doug