[Oberon] recoding N-O Native/Beta default font(s)

Charles Angelich cangelich at famvid.com
Wed Aug 14 20:01:21 CEST 2002

I found the setting of the default Oberon10.Scn.Fnt within the Oberon.Mod
file and did manage to get both Ob8 and Ob10 fonts onto the screen at the
same time and in the right places (system log, directory listings, and menu
bars within the system track are all Ob8) with just one problem.  The line
spacing (lsp) within the system track System.Tool is now set for Ob8 but
contains Ob10 fonts.  Readable but with no whitespace between lines its a
bit ugly. :-\

I would recommend that routines that create/control the system track be
give special treatment re:font to allow as much information as possible
to be put within the system track without necessarilly affecting the
font for the user track?  Packed displays of directories are OK but when
typing a document or programming code we need to see the differences
between a colon ":" and a semi-colon ";" and the number one "1" and
lowercase L "l". :-)

Charles Angelich

The Ghost in the Machine!

DOS and W31 Tech website:
http://www.undercoverdesign.com/dosghost

Stories, poems, music, and photos website:
http://www.undercoverdesign.com/dosghost/faf